We are so excited to present the new, bigger, better, more engaging, exciting website. This new dynamic site promotes our members and AIBA so much better.
• Latest From Your Locals, the popular promotion of members’ events and announcements is now on the front page. But that’s just the first glance. Latest From Your Locals is now displayed in a bolder and friendlier format. Make sure you’re included by sending us any events, sales or announcements you have. We are putting all of these on the AIBA Facebook page as well.
• AIBA Member Listings are more engaging and highlight each business better. The new search function allows site visitors easier, faster access to your listing! Behind this beautiful new face is also a new member management system. This new system will allow members to login to renew, change your listing or edit your information (see next bullet point).
• New Member Login is a big part of the new member management system and is easy to use. You can find the login button in the top right navigation bar and in the footer of every page. Members will soon begin receiving invoices from this new system called Wild Apricot (We would rather have Wild Armadillos but the Apricots are pretty amazing). The invoices will look different but contain a link to login and renew. For existing members, the first time you login you will want to follow the “forgot my password” link to set a password for your account. In an effort to save trees and reduce our footprint, we will no longer be sending out paper invoices so be sure to watch your email. We’re still learning the system ourselves but it is a robust and flexible choice.
• IndieAustin is now highlighted at the bottom of the page with all the feature articles visible.
• AIBA Events are now handled through our new system. The screens might look a little different but the RSVP process is the same.
• The IBIZ District pages are embedded within the AIBA website and showcase our new Premiere IBIZ Merchants.
Visit. Check it out. Explore. Discover. It’s new and still a work in progress so let us know if you get lost somewhere or discover a broken link.
I’d like to thank Julie Niehoff, Distance Learning Media, for creating this amazing system. She flowed right along with our angst, our excitement and our frustration at learning all new systems. Special kudos to our small but mighty team who put in several weeks of twelve hour days to get this launched on time.
A big thank you to our members who took the time to take the membership survey. Your comments, insights and opinions will guide us in the coming year.
We’re pleased to see that the vast majority of you think we’re doing a terrific job. That makes us feel great about the work that we do. Knowing we’re on the right track is important but it doesn’t make us better. Knowing where we fall short or what new ideas you want to see realized makes us a better organization. To everyone that offered constructive criticism or new ideas, thank you. After all, we’re here for you. When AIBA works for you, an apparently it does, it works for all of us.
You can read the entire survey including comments here: AIBA 2018 MEMBERSHIP SURVEY-SUMMARY. We’ve removed only the names and contact information to protect the privacy of members. Here are a few highlights:
98% would recommend membership in AIBA to other businesses. This is the strongest endorsement we could receive. Yes, please do recommend us and help us grow!
97% felt that our local business advocacy is important to absolutely essential.
75% of our members have engaged another member for their business needs. We not only talk the talk, we walk the walk!
68% of members said that our events are important to crucial.
36%, the single largest group, prefer to attend an event once a month. We often have two events each month to ensure that there’s something for everyone.
69% of our members have made valuable connections through an AIBA event. If you’ve never made it to one of our events, here’s the proof that you need to!
When asked about new plans, 70% want a members-only Facebook Group and 81% want a weekly deals promotion. We listened and will launch the Facebook group in January and the weekly deals promotion in the spring.
Of the various marketing methods that we use to market your business, IndieAustin and social media ranked at the top.
There were no surprises when asked about the obstacles facing your businesses. The top two were property tax increases and lease increases. These were closely followed by City of Austin regulations and finding employees.
61% said AIBA has benefited their business through the community of members. This was closely followed by 56% through our marketing and 54% through our advocacy.
We’re growing! 64% added staff this year and 59% intend to within the next 12 months.
73% said their revenue had grown in the last 12 months and 80% are anticipating growth in the next 12 months.
And we have winners of the drawing for three prizes. The Vortex Theater won a year membership in AIBA, End of an Ear won the membership upgrade and Slow North won the $50 Gift Card to Moonshine. Congratulations to all.
Includes your listing on ibuyaustin.com and in IndieAustin, promotion of your business through our social media, website and newsletters, discounts from other members and co-op media buys, your logo in rotation on ibuyaustin.com, your logo with your listing on ibuyaustin.com and in IndieAustin, 5 boosted Facebook posts plus the option to write four articles for the AIBA Blog and Community Newsletter, 10 boosted Facebook posts, your logo on the Partners & Supporters page of ibuyaustin.com and in each newsletter.
$1,000 Business Membership ($85 per month*)
Includes your listing on ibuyaustin.com and in IndieAustin, promotion of your business through our social media, website and newsletters, discounts from other members and co-op media buys, your logo in rotation on ibuyaustin.com plus your logo with your listing on ibuyaustin.com and in IndieAustin, and 5 boosted Facebook posts.
$525 Business Membership ($45 per month*)
Includes your listing on ibuyaustin.com and in IndieAustin, promotion of your business through our social media, website and newsletters, discounts from other members and co-op media buys plus your logo in rotation on ibuyaustin.com.
$250 Business Membership ($21 per month*)