Those at Bargainer know it’s a tough time for local businesses, and Bargainer wants to lend a hand. They are an Austin based startup app that lets local retailers use their excess inventory to find, and be found, by new customers in their community. Retailers simply post their items on the app and customers in their neighborhood reserve those items for pick-up. If you’d like to learn more, visit them online or send a note to Jeremiah, one of the co-founders, at Jeremiah@bargainerapp.com.
Aro Group is working on a national project called the Workplace Recovery Alliance (WPA), a coalition of businesses pushing for the Workplace Recovery Act. The bill has been drafted and the team in D.C. is securing bipartisan cosponsors. The bill would pay ALL American businesses for operating losses due to the COVID crisis. The Workplace Recovery Alliance is free to join, and is publishing news stories about the plight of member companies and their employees as a result of the current economic crisis. Join NOW! The goal is to register thousands of companies at www.WorkplaceRecoveryAlliance.com – it takes about 3 minutes.
Reopening? Need COVID Signage? MILLER Imaging & Digital Solutions has got you covered! If you are considering opening your office or store, think through the graphics or measures needed to keep the distance. Signs may be needed outside, inside on your floors, doors, bathrooms, kitchens and more. Social distancing directional banners, floor adhesives, or coroplast (lightweight) signs can all be used to share your message, and MILLER Imaging & Digital Solutions can print those items as well as supply hardware to complete the project. They have some designs readily prepared and can print your designs.
The BSC COVID-19 Business Owner Support Group is a safe place to talk about business concerns, learn from others nationwide and share ideas, opinions, and your expertise each week. You can come and go. You don’t have to stay the whole time but you are welcome any time during the hour.
The meeting is recorded and a link will be posted on the BSC Facebook page by the next day. We will try to get answers to any questions we can’t answer by the next meeting.
Meets Every Thursday Noon-1 Central Time through September ADD it to your calendar; it uses the same link each week.
There is space for 151 people to attend. You may get a message that all spaces are taken; disregard it. Gotomeeting recommends you change your browser. If you still have issues, please try logging in again or contact gotomeeting and give them our meeting access code.
- BSC COVID-19 Business Owner Thursday Support Group Noon-1 CDT
- Please join the BSC Support Group from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/685053101
- You can also dial in using your phone.United States: +1 (312) 757-3121.
- Access Code: 685-053-101
- New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/685053101
- Get Paid: City of Austin Vendor Payment Process
- Creating Responsive Bids, Proposals and Offers
- Get the Edge: Know Your Marketplace
- Runway to Opportunities: Austin Airport Capital Expansion Program
- Resources Roadmap: Growing Your Business
- Certification 101: An Overview of Minority- and/or Women-Owned Business Enterprise Certifications
- And More!
Register by Friday, February 28, 2020 to receive FREE PARKING
For continually updated information about the event please visit austintexas.gov/purchasing.
For any other questions, email the Purchasing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (512) 974-2938 for Ana or (512) 974-2038 for Todd.