The City of Austin’s Development Services Department’s Commercial, Residential and Expedited Building Plan Review teams are now accepting electronic plan submissions through ePlan Review, an electronic plan and document management system. This tool provides a convenient central hub for development project groups (including applicants and City reviewers) to communicate and complete the entire plan review process online, from the initial application stage to final approved plan sets.
ePlan Review saves customers substantial time, money and resources by:
- Reducing travel time to DSD’s offices at One Texas Center on Barton Springs Road.
- Allowing plan uploads from anywhere, anytime
- Improving turnaround times and accuracy with collaborative reviewing
- Reducing paper, printing, fuel, storage and disposal costs.
To use ePlan Review, applicants must first create an active user internet account by registering on the Austin Build + Connect (AB+C) website. Once registered, complete the appropriate permit application and submit to the appropriate review email below:
- Commercial Plan Review email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Residential Plan Review email res-ePlan@austintexas.gov
- Expedited Plan Review email email@example.com
Paper applications may also be delivered to intake staff on the 2nd Floor of One Texas Center, 505 Barton Springs Road.
Once a completed application and payment fees are received, the applicant will receive an email from DSD to upload the required drawings and documentation. The drawings and documentation will then be distributed to the appropriate plan review staff for review.
Please note ePlan is mandatory for all Expedited Commercial permit applications.
Visit the ePlan webpage for more information.